Did you know identity theft is the fastest growing crime in the United States?
According to Javelin Strategy & Research, there were 13.1 million identity fraud victims in 2015.
WHAT IS IDENTITY THEFT
It is a crime where a criminal acquires and uses your personal information, such as a Social Security
or driver’s license number, to take out loans, obtain new credit cards, rent an apartment, purchase a car,
run up debt, obtain medical care, file taxes and other criminal activities.
HOW DO CRIMINALS GET MY INFORMATION?
- Stealing mail, including credit cards, credit card pre-approval offers and checks; stealing wallets
- Watching you make an ATM transaction and getting your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Dumpster diving or rummaging in trash looking for bills or other paper with personal information
- Skimming by using a special card number storage device to get your credit/debit card number
- Phishing by pretending to be your financial institution or a company and asking for your personal
- information by email or pop-up messages
- Using false pretenses to obtain your personal information from financial institutions, telephone
companies and other sources
WHAT CAN I DO TO PROTECT MYSELF FROM IDENTITY THEFT?
Unfortunately, you can’t prevent Identity Theft. Your personal information is everywhere and you can’t control
who gets access to it or how they use it. In fact, every three seconds someone becomes a victim of identity theft.
As your trusted financial partner, your identity protection is our highest priority. That is why we are now offering
Identity Theft Protection to each of our members.
IDENTITY THEFT PROGRAM BENEFITS
EARLY WARNING IDENTITY CHECK
…monitors and provides you with timely notifications of new bank and credit card account
openings, rejected account opening attempts, and changes to your existing bank accounts.
Credit Score Tracker
…provides valuable insight into your credit score every month.
Personal Information Monitoring
…searches the Internet looking for thieves illegally buying and selling your
Change of Address
…monitoring allows us to monitor requests for your mail to be re-routed through the
United States Postal Service.
…offers you peace-of-mind if your wallet or purse is lost or stolen. Simply call and speak with a
Recovery Specialist and they will begin the process of cancelling any debit or credit cards that
are missing. We can also help you replace other items such as your Driver’s License, Social
Security card, and insurance cards.
$1 Million Insurance Policy
…is included in your benefits should you experience any out-of-pocket costs associated
with the theft.
Social Security Number Monitoring
…provides a report with all alias names and addresses associated with your social security
number and notifies you if a new one is added.
…we monitor changes on your credit file and alert you to help detect fraud.