Don’t Let Fraud Sneak Up On You
Just about the time you think you’ve heard it all, new fraud hits the streets. Every day fraudsters are looking for ways to take your money. We’d like to remind you of ways to protect yourself.
- First never use the same password for your different accounts! If you are breached on one source it will be a breeze to hack every account you have.
- Use strong passwords on financial websites and make your passwords unique. Don’t use the same password on your email account or other financial accounts.
- Set up ALERTS on all accounts that allow it. These alerts come to your cell phone or email address to let you know right away if something is happening that you did not request.
- Change your username and passwords often! We recommend changing your username and passwords every 3 to 6 months. The longer you have the same passwords the easier it is to hack into your accounts.
- Password protect your devices, including your mobile phones, tablets, PCs, and even the router on your home computer.
- Check your accounts often! The best protection is to know what is going out of your accounts regularly so fraud can be stopped quickly when it occurs.
- If you notice something odd on any account call us right away. Let’s work together to avoid fraud or to stop it dead in it’s tracks when it does hit.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 806.353.9999 and speak to an Access representative.